Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Sr.Business System Analyst. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for over 20 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
This project is a new SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) Web Service with internal and external consumers
- Demonstrate expertise in BSA job techniques and best practices.
- Lead, mentor and train a BSA team on formal requirement specification deliverables and processes.
- Gather, clarify and document requirements for moderate to large software development projects.
- Demonstrate multiple experiences writing detailed functional and technical specifications, including business requirements, use cases/user stories, UI screen mockups, with traceability among these deliverables.
- Actively work with customers to analyze business needs, facilitate requirements gathering meetings and document outcomes.
- Perform As-Is business process analysis and develop To-Be processes.
- Provide structured work estimates for analysis activities.
- Closely interact with architects and developers throughout analysis, implementation and testing.
- Support software testers in test planning and execution.
- Perform technical consulting and user training when necessary.
- Plan and facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
- Troubleshoot application issues and propose resolutions.
- Understand IT processes, general SDLC principles and work within organizational guidelines.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible systems analysis experience or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to lead efforts in implementing business analyst best practices.
- Extensive experience in analyzing and documenting business and system processes and producing exemplary requirements analysis deliverables.
- Skill in writing basic to intermediate SQL queries and understanding complex data relationships.
- Familiarity with IT trouble ticket systems and processes.
- Ability to work onsite in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers, understand their business practices and manage their expectations.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and pros/cons of industry standard methodologies.
- Familiarity with software testing processes and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Industry recognized business analyst certification such as CBAP® or PMI-PBA.
- Experience in agile environment as product owner or similar role.