Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Sr. Infrastructure System Analyst. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in High Point, NC. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
This position is a 3 month contract with a chance for extension.
Purpose: Provide leadership for a multi-site wireless network upgrade. Responsible for facilitation of work throughout the entire IT life cycle: work with IT architects to identify technical solution(s); support project management; oversee project work and customer status; facilitate testing.
Required Knowledge and Experience (organized by Technology):
- Must have strong background in fiber optic deployments including solid understanding of single mode and multi-mode fiber specifications.
- Must have strong background and understanding of CAT5, CAT5E, CAT6 and CAT6A copper cabling.
- Strong understanding of OSI L1, L2 and L3 standards and protocols including VLAN’s, Subnets and IP addressing.
- Experience with infrastructure deployments using Cisco CORE and accessing layer switching platforms including 2960X, 3850X and 4500 platforms.
- Strong understanding and background with 802.11 wireless deployments using Cisco 5500 wireless controllers.
- Responsible for coordinating infrastructure installations with cabling, wireless, network and security vendors while ensuring compliance with project installation standards.
- Must be able to identify, track and report technical issues to senior Project Managers.
- Must have proven experience with MDF and IDF infrastructure builds including cabinet, HVAC, elevations and fiber/copper distributions.
- Determine project requirements: study as-is functions, gather information, evaluate output requirements and formats
- Monitor project progress: track activity; resolve problems; publish status reports; recommend changes, corrective actions and solutions
- Provide references for technical resources; write and maintain documentation
- Prepare technical reports; collect, analyze, and summarize information and trends
- Develop technical task lists in support of project deployment
- Ability to decompose business requirements into functional and technical requirements
- Ability to use activity, sequence and/or data flow diagrams to identify performance requirements
- Ability to analyze and document business and system processes
- Ability to perform a gap analysis using business process diagrams, data models, and requirements
- Ability to locate the cause of problems in business process flows
- Ability to identify problems and gaps at the program or system level and recommend alternative solutions
- Ability to identify test data based on business requirements, system requirements, system documentation, and end-user documentation
- High level of skill with MS Office tools including Visio and Excel
- Ability to facilitate meetings and document outcomes
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in understandable terms to the business community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including English language pronunciation and grammar
- Ability to lead a group of subject matter experts and information technology professionals through a business problem definition process
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of senior management
- Ability to organize and document business problems for presentation and discussion
- Ability to develop and deliver formal presentations when required
- Strong customer service orientation/attitude
- Ability to take charge and lead tasks to completion
- Ability to monitor workload across team of engineers and analysts, adjusting assignments as needed to meet schedule and budget deadlines
- Must be comfortable and have a proven track record of working well under pressure, delivering quality results, and meeting task schedule/deadlines while meeting or exceeding business requirements and goals
- Must be able to work independently and also work well with others
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to self-manage time and tasks with minimal direction
On the weeks that they have a weekend cutover they are supposed to take time off during the week (preferably 2 days together) For example, if they have a cutover on Friday and Saturday, they should take off Sunday and Monday or Monday and Tuesday. We are very flexible on when they take their 2 days off because we need them there during the cutover. Also, like the example I gave below, if someone needs to be out of the action for 4 hours during a cutover, we plan around that time. We either plan their takes the day before or after they return to the site. We are always in a 4-6 week planning cycle so everyone knows when their site is cutting over and what their duties are during the cutover. There will be travel between three sites; Gaffney SC and Cleveland and High Point, NC