Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Sr. Project Manager. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for 20 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
This position is a 6-12 month contract with an excellent chance for extension.
If you are looking for your next challenge, we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you!
This position is responsible for leading individual projects, or managing sub-projects. Individual is responsible for recommending personnel functions within area of responsibility, assist in setting project and/or organization priorities, managing resources, providing input to and managing project or departmental expense budgets.
We are looking for the following skills:
- 5 – 7 years Project Management experience. Performs below functions with less supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work with customers, understand their business practices and manage their expectations
- Ability to analyze and document business and system processes
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Thorough understanding of the Application Development Life Cycle and the ability to lead efforts in implementing life cycle practices
- Familiarity with the IBM Rational tool set (a plus)
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Sets individual project goals that are consistent with business objectives and budget.
- Identifies Project/team and or individual trends in performance strengths and weaknesses.
- Establishes project priorities/risk identification, differentiating levels of urgency.
- Works effectively with customer/project/departmental personnel or those outside the formal line of authority to accomplish project/departmental goals.
- Provides thought leadership in the establishment and development of project base line budgets, schedules, project engineering, and resource management and allocation, in individual and group situations.
- Empower subordinates by allocating decision-making authority and task responsibilities to appropriate individuals.
- Adapts effectively to changing cultures and organizational structures, new procedures, or systems, and effectively leads and interacts with different types/levels of personnel.
- Maintains Project Management competency by continuous monitoring of trends and new techniques within professional area.
- PMI certification preferred, however not required.
- Demonstrated competency in the nine project management knowledge areas required (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resource, Communications, Risk, and Procurement Management)