Sr. Software Engineer, Tools & Performance
- Work closely with engineers early in the development cycle to build test strategies for features under development.
- Use a mix of manual and automated test methodologies to ensure that the ExtraHop platform operates well in various customer environments.
- Employ both black box and white box testing depending on the area of functionality.
- Use OSS tools to generate different client types, server loads, or traffic patterns to simulate customer environments.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Working knowledge of automation testing and framework design.
- Familiar with containers or docker technologies.
- Experience using and managing virtual infrastructure for VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, and KVM.
- Familiarity with embedded systems or other syste-ms-level development.
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology.
- Minimum of 3 years professional software testing experience in a Unix-based environment.
- Knowledge of building scalable and high-performance user land systems.
- Understanding of various product-development life cycles