Storefront Backend Java Developer
Xtreme Consulting is seeking a Software Engineer to join our client's Storefront team. This position presents an excellent opportunity to design and build new web applications and features that utilize the latest technology for a successful and growing company. The successful candidate understands how to analyze complex problems, implement robust and maintainable solutions, integrate new technologies into an existing stack, and delight customers (internal and external). Excellent communication skills, a desire to work as part of a tightly integrated team, and strong Java experience required. Experience developing with Spring (Boot, MVC, and Security), Solr, Oracle PL/SQL, AWS, Docker, Mongo, Nginx, and Ansible are also desired.
- Design and implement new features and next generation software systems
- Develop and deliver maintainable, scalable, stable, reliable, high-quality systems on time, and on budget.
- Perform code and test plan reviews. Take responsibility for the quality of released software.
- Learn quickly and apply new knowledge to solutions
- Mentor other developers
- Five or more years of software development experience
- Strong analysis, design, development and leadership skills
- Strong Java development background
- Strong communication skills
- Proven track record of delivering high quality features to production
- A desire to be a key part of a dynamic, aggressive, and successful business
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Web service and web development experience, including REST and JSON
- Experience with Spring (MVC, Boot, and Security)
- Experience with DevOps tools, such as git, Ansible, Chef, Bamboo, Jenkins, or similar
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL, Solr, and Mongo
- Experience with, or interest in learning Groovy, Spock, and TDD
- Experience in container ecosystems, including Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, or similar
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development processes