Xtreme Consulting is looking for a power-house Technical Support Manager to help lead the support of Online News, Digital Publishers and OTT Live-streaming. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in helping successfully scale Support for Digital Publishers and OTT App Subscribers across the U.S. As a News and SaaS company in the Age of the Internet, the new Support Manager will be accountable for driving incident management, and will be responsible for the external communication role of Incident Management. Within 90 days of hire, the Support Manager will be responsible for Support Team SLA achievement for all prioritized work. A Commitment to Quality and Responsiveness is critical in this role, as the successful candidate will be responsible for qualitative and quantitative work measures, and for reporting out results to the business. The Support Manager will be responsible for scheduling and ensuring support coverage for a set period of time, and will serve as the technical escalation point for his/her team.
The new Support Manager, must have a keen eye for talent, customer obsession, and quality human beings, as they will help screen, interview, hire, and own the onboarding for new hires. You will represent the voice of the Support Team, as well voice of the Customer, and advocate for the necessary resources and tools with data-backed proposals. As advocate for Technical Support, you will need to identify process, tools, and training gaps, and play an active role in closing the gaps. Lastly, the Support Manager will be responsible for holding 1:1’s, developing training plans, and expanding the skills and capabilities on the Support Team. The successful candidate must be a Leader. You should be familiar with the concepts of Servant Leadership and how employee engagement drives results. You should have the super-hero talent of motivating their team to set the standard for service and quality, with the ability to inspire others to volunteer their best work for customers.
- Incident Management Experience in 24x7 environment.
- Must be customer focused with an impeccable standard of customer service.
- Experience setting up Service Level Agreements, measuring performance, and achieving SLA goals.
- 1-2 years’ experience with data analysis / modeling (advanced excel and SQL queries)
- Experience with onboarding and training new hires.
- Expertise in creating training materials and documentation.
- Experience with creating staffing, scheduling, and forecasting plans.
- Experience with administering phone, ticketing, or chat systems.
- Experience setting up KPI dashboards; reporting out metrics for Business Line of Sight.
- Experience mentoring employees and collaborating on career development plans.
- High degree of ownership and accountability with strong communication skills.
- Expert troubleshooting skills for web and mobile.
- Ability to propose and lead change of operational improvements.
- Must incorporate a Servant Leadership approach to managing.
- Experience with Operational Excellence approaches.
- Process improvement experience: Green Belt, or ITIL knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Agile software development practices including: Scrum, QA, and Release processes.
- Ability to serve as the of Voice of the Customer and provide feedback and bug documentation to internal scrum teams.
- Admin experience with Atlassian JIRA and Service Desk is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, or a minimum of four years of progressive experience in a Technical Customer Support environment.
- 2-4 years People Management experience.
- Experience with driving team engagement and developing employees for promotion.
- Experience with “Clifton StrengthsFinder”.
- Ability to Lead without over-reliance upon fiats and mandates.