Performs a wide range of advanced analytical, administrative and technical support activities for functional areas (i.e. Finance, Purchasing, Human Resources, etc.) or for specific project/business/technical unit. Assignments may involve work of a confidential nature and require knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, business unit and company policies and programs. May act as liaison between customers / employees and department plans / programs. Partners with and supports the Project Team in planning, scheduling, cost controls and performance measurement of work performed by the project team and with other departments as necessary. The Coordinator assists with planning, permitting, design, procurement, construction and final closeout activities and works closely with the project team to establish and maintain detailed cash flow forecasts. The Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to assemble and consolidate project information, and to track and coordinate the progress of the project on a day-to-day basis to ensure project milestones and deliverables are achieved. *THIS ROLE SUPPORTS A PROGRAM MANAGER AND THE PROJECT TEAM
Associates degree plus four (4) years’ experience in advanced administrative positions. In lieu of Associates degree an additional four (4) years of project support experience required using Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications (or similar computer applications). Knowledge in a specialized department function including department practices, programs, plans and policies. Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/word processing software applications. Ability to analyze data and formulate conclusions. Ability to prepare reports, trends and/or recommendations. Ability to present ideas in an effective manner, orally and in writing. Excellent planning, organization, communication and problem solving skills. Ability to conceptualize and organize project information and reporting. Project controls or scheduling skills preferred. Experience working with MS Project and Primavera P6 preferred. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees and the general public.
1) Works with Project Team to establish project plan and schedules. Monitors and tracks project progress. Coordinates project planning and implementation, including identification of project goals and objectives, and maintaining risk matrices risk management plans. Documents, prepares and organizes the activity of others to achieve certain objectives, including meeting and/or travel arrangements. Ensures information needed for such events are complete and accurate.
2) Consults with team members on informational requirements. Gathers, collects, records, tracks and verifies data and information from multiple sources in order to update project forecasts and cost analysis. Tracks and reports on project budget and committed contracts to support coordination of project funding and stage gate approvals. Provides data and information to others on functional area processes and procedures. Participates in project budget planning, develops.
3) Researches, compiles, reviews, analyzes, manipulates and summarizes data to create a wide variety of reports, charts and presentations for management review, meetings and events. Verifies and analyzes the accuracy of all data and information used or generated by project team members and updates accordingly
4). Utilizes software and various computerized systems for functional area to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations. Maintains related documentation, queries and/or department databases. Oversees and ensures the timely processing and delivery of required materials.
5) Examines transactions, information, or invoices to ensure compliance with rules and regulations. Discusses discrepancies with appropriate contacts.
6) Develops and is responsible for standard project management tools including templates, reports and performance indicators.
7) Coordinates, schedules and attends meetings as required. Prepares meeting minutes, manages action items, monitors status and provides regular updates to Project Manager and team as necessary.
8) Coordinates event planning responsibilities for department meetings, training sessions and conferences when necessary. Plans program, agenda and services according to customer requirements. Coordinates services for events and arranges availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, catering, signage, printing and other event needs. Conducts planning meetings, prepares communication and documents as necessary. Monitors event progress and makes modifications/changes as appropriate. Reviews event bills for accuracy.
MS office especially Excel and MS project