Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Business System Analyst. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for 20 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
This position is a 12-month contract with a chance for extension.
Take over some components of the parts catalog integration. We are pulling in BOM (bill of material) information from 6 different sources to integrate it in the current catalog. This will involve data validation and troubleshooting as well specing and potentially helping develop data validation processes / programs that don’t exist.
- Work on future common authoring project and/or PartsPro plus project that will involve BOM data interfaces of the same data being worked with for this project
- Superior system analysis skills and troubleshooting skills
- 8-10 years of experience.
- Mainframe knowledge – should have deep background and understanding
- Cobol and SQL development ability (primary job will not be development however there may be some required in a pinch).
- Thorough knowledge and ability to navigate the mainframe environment. E.G. Ability to do things like data analysis and file compares, run JCL, troubleshoot code, code reviews,
- DB2 and IMS database experience
- Ability to research and figure things out for themselves with minimal supervision and support.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on a new application and business process.
- In addition to superior analysis skills that it is absolutely required,need to have the appropriate technical experience too. They may need to do a little development and they will definitely be required to understand the mainframe tools in order to do validation/data compares, etc at a file level. It is a combination of development experience, system analysis and business analysis with the ability to work independently and figure this out with a minimum of input.
Nice to have:
- Business knowledge in vehicle engineering bill of materials and change over, automotive/truck manufacturing, vehicle parts catalog
- Background in Java based applications technologies as well as mainframe background.