Tax Analysts develop requirements based on tax research, create tax scenarios and they validate that the tax software is in compliance with tax regulations. They may use specialized tools, templates and frameworks to:
- Interpret tax laws into logical requirements that are used to create our tax offerings.
- Develop business rules to ensure compliance with requirements
- Analyze tax data to determine customer usage and impact, assess risks to tax scope and help develop risk mitigation strategies
- Interact with customers and government agencies as Intuit forges strong relationships and partnerships
- Regularly envisions, initiates and/or leads process and product improvements based on customer insights
- Develop test cases based on tax scenarios and execute the scenarios to validate and verify accuracy and completeness of the software.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field. Advanced Accounting/Taxation degrees, MIS, and/or MBA highly desirable
- 2+ years income tax preparation or analysis experience
- Enrolled Agent and/or CPA certification preferable but not required.
- Previous in-depth utilization of tax preparation software programs
- Strong understanding of federal and state taxation for individuals in multiple tax categories ie: simple1040EZ, California 540, etc.
- Strong business analysis skills to communicate tax concepts to non-tax professionals
- Positive “change agent” mindsets: leadership, optimism, innovation, continuous improvement of work processes