The Test and Inspection Coordinator position performs inventory inspection for incoming and outgoing company products and parts necessary to manufacturing of products. Also performing routine product acceptance testing.
Title and Reporting Relationship
Test and Inspection Coordinator. Reports to Quality Engineer.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. High school diploma or GED.
Minimum 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to follow and perform test requirements as defined in prewritten company test procedures and custom requests
- Perform data entry of work results into appropriate databases
- Accurately inspect raw materials and products visually, as well as with gauges, scales, or other measurement instruments as required and according to work instructions
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate tools/means
- Communicates discrepancies to the appropriate management representative in order to ensure that all products meet customer specifications.
- Assure proper control, segregation, identification, and status of materials.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Enter transactions into company computer system.
- Assist with inventory control duties and incoming receiving as needed.
- Prior experience reading drawings and using basic measurement instruments
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data.
- Compliance with quality, safety, environmental and customer-mandated procedures
- Database management skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Clerical, word processing, excel, and/or office skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Considerable physical activity. May require handling of objects that can weight up to 50 lbs.
- Work is normally performed in a warehouse environment.