Test Engineer II
Provides testing services that mitigate the risk of software defects and increase the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of companies software solutions. Reports to Manager, Test Engineering. No direct reports.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Creates, updates, and runs automated test scripts. Analyzes failure/success of automated scripts and makes modifications as required.
Utilizes documented test cases to perform multiple tests on software systems.
Verifies software operation to ensure functional and technical requirements have been met.
Performs system integration, functional, regression, and user interface testing on modifications and enhancements prior to production releases.
Oversees execution of test plan, continually analyzing test efforts for completeness.
Provides feedback to Project team on the current status of modifications and enhancements being tested.
Creates and facilitates User Acceptance testing, as needed.
Creates, modifies, and validates test cases and defects.
Develops functional expertise on multiple systems supported by the QA group.
Prepares test plan documentation. Maintains regression test plans.
Provides weekly status reports to include items as current state of test effort, test metrics, time allocated, problems found, enhancements requested as a result of new functionality, and defect status.
Leads test effort for major releases, as needed; serves as secondary tester on critical application releases.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS or Business or 3+ years testing experience required.
- Familiarity with personal computer hardware configuration.
- Familiarity with personal computer operating systems such as UNIX and Windows.
- General understanding of basic database structure concepts.
- Familiarity with standard reservations or hotel operating procedures.
- Basic level of knowledge on the Selenium automated tests tool and the ability to create and run automated scripts.
- Basic level of knowledge with the soapUI test tool and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle, specifically with the agile scrum test methodology.
- Prior experience with the client's software package is desirable.
- Prior experience in a software design and/or testing environment is desirable.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products, to include Word, Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Inquisitive and analytical.
- Unwavering attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability and initiative to work independently.
- Must be able to uphold Company's Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.
- Willingness and ability to work long or late hours, based on business needs
- Performs other related duties as assigned