Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a Vehicle Test Engineer. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for 20 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
This position will go through the end of 2018 with an excellent chance for extension.
If you are looking for your next challenge, we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you.
Vehicle Test Engineer
The global auto-manufacturing company's Product Validation Engineering group faces challenge to update the Mechatronic Systems on Prototype Test Vehicle's in regular cadence and needs to be able to ensure proper vehicle commissioning into testing.
1.) Updating Mechatronics Systems with Engineering and Plant tool chain (Vector based and proprietary).
2.) Ability to understand and change Engineering Change Units (ECU's) calibration and parameters.
3.) Ability to confirm correct Software Package deployment.
4.) Troubleshooting wiring harness issues.
5.) Vehicle Shakedown and Driving commissioning of Prototype Test Trucks (Commercial Driver License is NEEDED or needs to be obtained within a month of starting).
6.) Issue reporting and communication with Systems group and Design Engineering.
7.) Ability to capture relevant CAN (Canalyzer) and Diagnostic data to support root cause investigation and issue resolution.
- Automotive Mechatronics Engineering technologies needed.
- Bachelor’s degree is appreciated, but not a mandatory requirement. Can be compensated by several years (min 3) of relevant Mechatronics Electrical Engineering Truck Technician experience.
- Software knowledge needed for this position: Vector tool chain (Canape, Canalyzer), Diagnostic Link, VEPS, IMS.
- Understanding of wiring diagrams, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Project tool suite, Multimeter, and Oscilloscope.
- Office, truck, and shop environment.