Vice President of Product
As the Vice President of Product you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how companies in every industry develop applications, consume services, and manage their IT infrastructure through the company’s IT platforms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute a cohesive Service Platform strategy focused on enhancing the company’s existing product offerings and building product awareness acrossthe companys target markets.
- Drive product revenue and manage cost dynamics for all markets, facilities, and service delivery. This will involve working intimately with customers on a segment-by-segment basis to understand their evolving needs and requirements, and leveraging this to refine and optimize specific products, solutions and services to address those requirements.
- Ensure that the company is keenly attuned to its customers’ needs from a product perspective, and through this will help identify opportunities and new areas for innovation and growth.
- Plan, organize, staff, train, and manage product functions to achieve the company’s objectives of product innovation, availability, marketability, and configuration.
- Understand and assess the multi cloud and managed infrastructure technology trends and the competitive landscape and translate this into a compelling and strategic product roadmap.
- Develop a full understanding of activity across all products and provide clear and relevant information to the rest of the company, particularly the leadership. The Platform product team will serve as the interface between the market and internal development and engineering teams, and will be instrumental in configuring and enhancing products on a segment by segment basis.
- Keep an ear toward the market and take input from internal constituents, including the technical and sales teams.
- Help drive the overall platform direction across the company and contribute to the short- and long-term strategy to create a consistent Customer experience regardless of the solution required. This will lead to new revenue and EBITDA, increasing shareholder value and differentiate the company from the competitive landscape.
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience is required for this role.
- Background in either the outsourced data center services industry, the colocation or managed services market, or the broader IT infrastructure world, including the software side of the sector.
- Experience defining and executing robust product management initiatives, including understanding and gathering customer requirements, competitive product positioning, reviewing existing internal products and proposing strategic changes in order to optimize these products and services, pricing, and over time, managing new product introductions both internally and externally.
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-growth environment is required.
- Exposure to both large and small organizations, including private equity- or venture-backed companies is highly desirable.
- Must be a strong leader and manager, as well as have an orientation toward hands-on execution.
- Heightened analytical skills – this individual should have a deep analytical approach to problem solving and must be able to make clear, compelling commercial/economic arguments.
- A strong understanding of how to capture and track product activity and reporting data and how to translate them into fact-based decision making.
- Professional maturity as well as the ability to create a vision and contribute to the overall strategic direction of the company.
- A high level of self-motivation coupled with a strong work ethic and an interest in building and growing an organization.
- Must be able to establish and enforce specific goals for the organization and be able to work with the group as a team player in order to accomplish these objectives.
- Must be intelligent, self-motivated, and able to manage in a high-growth entrepreneurial environment.
- Has the executive seasoning, forcefulness of personality, and charismatic qualities that will enable him/her to act as a business partner to customers as well as senior management team and Board.
- Business judgment and the ability to persuasively articulate ideas in both oral and written form and entrepreneurial energy
- Behavior governed by the highest ethical standards. Familiarity with CRM solutions, preferably SalesForce.com