Xtreme Consulting Group is currently recruiting for a WebFOCUS Administrator. This contract opportunity is with a global auto-manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance, free parking for cars and bicycles, and on-site restaurant options. Having partnered with this client for 20 years, a high percentage of Xtreme consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Xtreme support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
This position is a 12-month contract with an excellent chance for extension.
If you are looking for your next challenge, we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you.
- Administration, support and development for WebFocus requirements
- Support and maintain Mainframe FOCUS, and WebFocus reporting and analytics services, and their integration with various enterprise services. Includes upgrade/patches, troubleshooting, tuning, and end-user support all as needed.
- Knowledge understanding of reporting analytics uses and advice to business.
- Maintain and establish good communication and communicate with technical and non-technical user community (business).
- Deliver detailed documentation and knowledge transfers to other administrators and internal leads.
- Analyzes requirements and participate in the resulting design activities for moderately to highly
- complex business applications in the context of the full software development life cycle
- Contribute to the analysis, design, and implementation of technology solutions, utilizing broad industry awareness and expertise
- Execute build and implementation of designed solutions
- As appropriate, independently design, document, and develop user interface and business intelligence to meet business requirements.
- Provide project support for unit and system testing
- Responsible for the ongoing operational support and performance of the solution.
- Communicate clearly and serve as a functional liaison between members of platform, project, network and security teams.
- Plan, execute, monitor and report on support and project activities
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support on a team rotation basis
- Propose appropriate support methodology and tools to work within the organizational framework
- Lead the problem resolution process
- Provide software licensing tracking and renewal
- Perform proactive and comprehensive asset management
- Perform proactive and comprehensive application (including enabling technologies) and infrastructure lifecycle management.
- Ensure compliance with version management and control
- Adhere to defined business practices, governance structure and processes
- Implement and adhere to ITIL practices